Avandra (Avanafil) 50mg X 4 Tablets
- Brand: Samok Overseas
- Product Code:
- Availability: Out Of Stock
Avandra (Avanafil) 50mg X 4 Tablets
New 2018 – Avanafil (AVANDRA) it the new type of erectile dysfunction medication and stands out from other medications because
it can start working in only 15 minutes with less side effects.
Avanafil was designed to be:
- Be fast-acting; AND
- Have fewer side effects
What is Avanafil?
Avanafil is a medicine used in the treatment of erectile dysfunction (ED):
- It is a type of ‘PDE-5 inhibitor’ (an oral medicine used to treat ED). PDE-5 inhibitors are usually the first option for the medical treatment of ED
- It was approved for use in the UK in 2012
- It was designed to be quick-acting and highly selective (this means there is a bigger increase in the effect of the medication as you increase the dose)
- Avanafil is the active ingredient in the drugs Spedra and Stendra, Avandra.
The table below shows Avanafil compared to other erectile dysfunction medications – Cialis and Viagra:
|How quickly does it start working?||15-30 mins||30 mins||20-45 mins|
|How long does it last?||Over 6 hours|| |
|Can it affect your eyesight?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Is it strongly affected by alcohol or fatty foods?||No||Yes||Yes|
|Dose the dosage have a relatively big impact on effect?||Yes||No||No|
Avanafil is the generic name for this medicine, so ‘Avanafil’ is also the name of the active ingredient in the medicine. Stendra and Spedra, Avandra, are both brand names of Avanafil but, medically speaking, they are all the same.
Avanafil was originally only sold under a branded name, like Sildenafil (Viagra), so only one company could set the price. Now the patent for its name has since run out, and Avanafil is available in its cheaper, unbranded form.
Spedra and Avandra are the most common brands of Avanafil in England, and Stendra is more common in the US. Avanafil, Stendra, and Spedra are all licensed for use in the treatment of erectile dysfunction in the UK.
What do reviews of Avanafil say?
Advantages of Avanafil – the reviews for Avanafil have all been broadly positive. The medicine is relatively new at 5 years old, but it has already proven to be a highly effective form of treatment for ED that doesn't bother users too much with side effects.
Some of the benefits seen by reviewers were that it is:
- Fast-acting – 15-30 mins compared to 1hr for Viagra.
- Safe – approved for clinical use in the UK.
- Easy to use – swallowing a simple 1-a-day pill.
- Effective – 40-65% of those taking it can successfully attempt sex.
On average, Avanafil takes 15-30 minutes to take effect. This is about half the time that other ED treatments, like Viagra, take to work. When combined with sexual stimulation, Avanafil typically induces erections strong enough for penetration, for 4 hours or more.
How effective is it? According to recent studies, Avanafil is able to produce erections strong enough for sexual activity in:
- 40-45% of men on a 50 mg dosage.
- 55-60% of men on a 100 mg dosage.
- 60-65% of men on a 200 mg dosage.
This is compared with 25-30% of men on a placebo pill (one containing no medication).
The effectiveness of Avanafil is related to the size of the dose, meaning that on average, users taking a higher dosage are more likely to achieve an erection.This is not always the case, and will vary for each person. No matter what the dose is, once Avanafil has taken effect it should last for around 6 hours.
Avanafil has been found to be most effective in men with mild to moderate ED. Like Viagra and Cialis, eating a fatty meal before taking the medicine can affect how long it takes to work, although not as much.
Which dosage of Avanafil do I need?
For your first dose - the initial dose for an adult over 18 years old is usually 100 mg, taken 15-30 minutes before sexual activity with a glass of water. Your doctor will help you decide on your first dose and on the next dose depending on how well this first dose works
There are three different doses of Avanafil available:
- 50 mg.
- 100 mg.
Some men will find that they are able to achieve an erection strong enough for sexual activity on a lower dose of Avanafil. Other men may need a higher dose. The most Avanafil you can take per day is one dose (pill). So the most Avanafil any person should take is one pill of the strongest dose – 200 mg in 24 hours.
Should I be taking Avanafil? Avanafil can be a great choice for men who:
- Have had their eyesight affected by other PDE-5 inhibitors.
- Want a medication that works quickly.
- Don't want to worry as much about drinking or diet affecting their medication.
However, not everyone can take Avanafil because it can cause problems depending on if you have pre-existing health conditions or which drugs you're currently taking:
- You should not take Avanafil if you have:
- Severe heart or liver problems.
- Having had a recent stroke or heart attack.
- Low blood pressure levels.
- You should also not take Avanafil if you are already taking:
- Clarithromycin and erythromycin (antibiotics).
- ‘Alpha-blockers’ (used to treat high blood pressure and enlarged prostates).
Could Avanafil give me side effects?
There is a chance that some men can get side effects from taking Avanafil.
Common (affecting 1 in 10) side effects for Avanafil include:
- A blocked nose.
- Flushing (of the skin).
Uncommon (affecting 1 in 100) side effects include:
- Back pain.
- Muscle cramps.
- Changes in heartbeat.
Avanafil is not known to have an effect on your vision. This is an advantage over Viagra which has been found to affect vision in some people. If you experience any severe, unpleasant or unexpected side effects, speak to your GP as soon as possible.